- Fabricate implies building or manufacturing, often by assembling standardized parts, and, in extended use, connotes fictitious invention
- Manufacture implies production from raw materials, now esp. by machinery and on a large scale, and, in extended use, may suggest a mechanical or uninspired quality
- Construct implies the putting of parts together systematically according to some design
- Fashion implies inventiveness, cleverness of design, the use of skill, etc.
- Shape suggests the imparting of a specific form, as by molding, cutting, hammering, etc.
- Form suggests a definite contour, structure, or design in the thing made
- Make is the general term meaning to bring into being and may imply the producing of something physically or mentally