Another word for obtainVerb
To gain possession
- Gain always implies effort in the getting of something advantageous or profitable to gain fame
- Acquire implies a lengthy process in the getting and connotes collection or accretion he acquired a fine education
- Secure implies difficulty in obtaining something and perhaps in retaining it to secure a lasting peace
- Procure suggests active effort or contrivance in getting or bringing to pass to procure a settlement of the dispute
- Get is the word of broadest application meaning to come into possession of, with or without effort or volition to get a job, an idea, a headache, etc.
- Obtain implies that there is effort or desire in the getting he has obtained aid