The definition of confirm is to approve or to establish the truth or make stronger.
To validate is to confirm, legalize, or prove the accuracy of something.
To declare (a thing) true, accurate, certain, etc. by formal statement, often in writing; verify; attest
To make a statement based on personal knowledge in support of an asserted fact; bear witness:
To cause to move backward or in a reverse direction:
To show to be true or real by giving evidence; prove; confirm
To make more certain the validity of; confirm; bolster; support
To prove to be false, invalid, or in error; refute.
To prove that something, such as a document, is what it purports to be, especially so that the item can be admitted into evidence at a trial or hearing. For example, a party wishing to admit a letter into evidence may ask the witness whether it is, indeed, the letter he received, does he recognize the handwriting, and similar questions.
(Law) To show an adequate reason for something done
(Computer science) To make true; to make equal to 1.
To make evident; indicate; show
To guarantee (a product).
Demonstrate means to march or protest against something with a group.
To verify; to make good; to substantiate; to establish; to sustain.
(Biol.) With the same inherited trait or traits as a parent; without variation
Show is defined as to bring into view, teach, or display.
To declare solemnly in the name of God or of something held sacred
To adjust to a requirement; regulate:
To prove is to demonstrate or establish that something is true or to show certain abilities.
Check means to test, examine, compare or inspect something to see if it is as it should be.
Information captured on paper or in electronic format. Under the rules of evidence, the term receives the broadest possible interpretation and may include such items as photographs, audiotapes, etc.
To declare positively; assert to be true:
To bear witness; give testimony:
To audit is defined as to go to a class without paying for it or receiving credit.
To settle in an office or position, or set up as in business or a profession
Maintain is defined as to keep in a current state in order to prevent from failing or breaking or to carry on or to support or provide.
To provide compensation for a claim.
Test is defined as to participate in or administer an exam or evaluation.
To be a reason for disbelieving or distrusting; cast doubt on
To make invalid; deprive of legal force
To declare openly or admit frankly
To formally assert as a fact, such as in a pleading; to allege.
- Validate implies official confirmation of the validity of something to validate a will
- Authenticate implies proof of genuineness by an authority or expert to authenticate a painting
- Corroborate suggests the strengthening of one statement or testimony by another the witnesses corroborated her version of the event
- Substantiate suggests the producing of evidence that proves or tends to prove the validity of a previous assertion or claim the census figures substantiate his charge
- To confirm is to establish as true or valid that which was doubtful or uncertain to confirm a rumor
- To verify is to prove something to be true or correct by investigation, comparison with a standard, or reference to ascertainable facts some of the dates given in the book could not be verified
Find another word for verify. In this page you can discover 40 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for verify, like: confirm, validate, certify, testify, back, substantiate, corroborate, disprove, authenticate, justify and assert.