- Lustrous is applied to objects whose surfaces gleam by reflected light and emphasizes gloss or sheen lustrous silk See also syn. study at intelligent.
- Luminous is applied to objects that are full of light or give off reflected or phosphorescent light
- Brilliant implies intense or flashing brightness brilliant sunlight, brilliant diamonds
- Shining implies a steady, continuous brightness the shining sun
- Radiant emphasizes the actual or apparent emission of rays of light
- Bright , the most general term here, is applied to that which gives forth, reflects, or is filled with light a bright day, star, shield, etc.