- Well-to-do implies sufficient prosperity for easy living
- Opulent suggests the possession of great wealth as displayed in luxurious or ostentatious living an opulent mansion
- Affluent suggests a continuing increase of riches and a high standard of living an affluent suburb
- Wealthy adds to this connotation of grand living, influence in the community, a tradition of richness, etc.
- Rich is the general word for one who has more money, possessions, or income-producing property than is necessary to satisfy normal needs