- Outlandish suggests an oddness that is decidedly, often excessively, fantastic or bizarre an outlandish remark
- Quaint suggests an oddness, esp. an antique quality, that is pleasing or appealing a quaint costume
- Queer emphasizes an element of eccentricity, abnormality, or suspicion a queer look on her face
- Odd suggests that which differs from the ordinary or conventional, sometimes to the point of being bizarre offended by his odd behavior
- behavior peculiar to beavers
- Peculiar applies either to that which puzzles or to that which has unique qualities a peculiar smell, pattern, etc.
- Strange , the term of broadest application here, refers to that which is unfamiliar, as because of being uncommon, unknown, or new a strange voice, idea, device, etc.