- Lush implies such great luxuriance as my seem excessive lush tropical vegetation, lush prose See also syn. study at plentiful.
- Luxuriant suggests production in great and rich abundance luxuriant foliage
- Prodigal implies such reckless extravagance as to suggest eventual impoverishment the prodigal heirs to a fortune
- Extravagant always suggests unreasonably excessive, wasteful spending or giving extravagant living
- Lavish implies an unstinted, generous, sometimes unreasonably liberal, giving lavish attentions
- Profuse implies a pouring or giving forth freely, often to the point of excess profuse thanks