Part of speech:
Making or given to making amusing jokes or witticisms:
The definition of droll refers to unusual, often sarcastic or dry humor.
The definition of brilliant is someone or something that is very bright, either in terms of intelligence or because it is shiny or intensely colored.
(Archaic) Aware (of something)
The definition of clever is being smart or having the skills to do something well.
Energetic or quick in movement:
The definition of humorous is funny or comical.
Full of promise and hope; auspicious:
The definition of amusing is someone who provides entertainment or who incites laughter.
Nimble of mind; alert
The definition of keen is something sharp or intense.
The definition of whimsical is playful or out of the ordinary.
Sprightly and lighthearted in disposition, character, or quality.
Of, like, or full of pith
Suggestive of the sea or sailing life.
The definition of scintillating is something fascinating or brilliantly clever.
Having the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; sagacious:
The definition of serious is showing deep thought, not joking, or a situation that requires careful thought.
The definition of comedic is something funny.
Intended to excite laughter or amusement
Fierce or impetuous; violent:
- Jocose suggests a mildly mischievous quality in joking or jesting, sometimes to the point of facetiousness
- Jocular implies a happy or playful disposition characterized by the desire to amuse others
- Facetious is now usually derogatory in suggesting an inappropriate or ill-chosen attempt to be witty or humorous
- Humorous connotes more geniality, gentleness, or whimsicality in saying or doing something that is deliberately comical or amusing
- Witty implies sharp, amusing cleverness and spontaneity in perceiving and commenting on, esp. in repartee and sometimes sarcastically, the incongruities in life
Find another word for witty. In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for witty, like: funny, droll, brilliant, intelligent, clever, smart, humorous, jocose, bright, comic and unamusing.