- Tally implies exact correspondence of one thing to another their accounts of the incident did not tally See also syn. study at consent.
- Coincide stresses the identical character of the things considered their needs coincide
- Correspond is applied to that which matches, complements, or is analogous to something else their Foreign Office corresponds to our State Department
- Harmonize implies a combination or association of different things in a proportionate or pleasing arrangement harmonizing colors
- Accord emphasizes fitness for each other of things that are being considered together
- Conform emphasizes agreement in form or basic character
- Agree implies being or going together without conflict and is the general term used in expressing an absence of inconsistencies, inequalities, etc.