- Resolve implies either finding a solution to a problem to resolve a longing-standing issue or a firmness of intention to carry through a decision he resolved to lose 10 pounds
- To conclude is to decide after careful investigation or reasoning
- Settle stresses finality in a decision, often one arrived at by arbitration, and implies the termination of all doubt or controversy
- Determine in addition suggests that the form, character, function, scope, etc. of something are precisely fixed the club decided on a lecture series and appointed a committee to determine the speakers, the dates, etc.
- Decide implies the bringing to an end of vacillation, doubt, dispute, etc. by making up one's mind as to an action, course, or judgment