- Ration refers to a fixed allowance or allotment of food the weekly ration and in the plural (?rations) to food in general how are the rations in this outfit?
- ?provisions refers to a stock of food assembled in advance provisions for the hike
- Victuals is now largely a dialectal or colloquial word for human fare or diet
- Fare refers to the range of foods eaten by a particular organism or available at a particular time and place the fare of horses, a bill of fare
- Food is the general term for all matter that is taken into the body for nourishment