Sentence Examples

  • He pulled out the engagement ring, along with a wad of lint.
  • "Pierre for the kill," Grande said, handing Han one from the wad of dollars in his hand.
  • The best-known passes are: (I) The Bibawan in the upper Wad Sias basin (4150 ft.); (2) the Gindafi, giving access from Marrakesh to Tarudant, rugged and difficult, but low; (3) the Tagharat, difficult and little used, leading to the Dra'a valley (11,484 ft.); (4) the Glawi (7600 ft.); (5) Tizi n 'Tilghemt (7250 ft.), leading to Tafilet (Tafilalt) and the Wad Ghir.
  • (These towns are separately noticed.) On the Blue Nile are Kamlin, Sennar, Wad Medani, pop. about 20,000 a thriving business centre and capital of the Blue Nile mudiria, and Roseires, which marks the limit of navigability by steamers of the river.
  • A railway, built in 1909-1910, connects Khartum, Wad Medani and Sennar with Kordofan, the White Nile being bridged near Goz Abu Guma.