- Criticize , in this comparison, is the most general term for finding fault with or disapproving of a person or thing
- Blame stresses the fixing of responsibility for an error, fault, etc.
- Reprehend suggests sharp or severe disapproval, generally of faults, errors, etc. rather than of people
- Condemn and denounce both imply an emphatic pronouncement of blame, guilt, or reprehensibility, condemn suggesting the rendering of a judicial or other final decision, and denounce, public accusation against people or acts
- Censure implies the expression of severe criticism or disapproval by a person in authority or in a position to pass judgment