- Outcome refers to the result of something that was in doubt
- Issue suggests a result in which there is emergence from difficulties or conflict
- Consequence suggests that which follows something else on which it is dependent in some way, but does not connote as direct a connection with cause
- Effect is applied to that which is directly produced by an action, process, or agent and is the exact correlative of cause
- Result stresses that which is finally brought about by the effects or consequences of an action, process, etc.