Another word for youngModifier
In the early portion of life
- Adolescent applies to one in the period between puberty and maturity and especially suggests the awkwardness, emotional instability, etc. of this period adolescent yearnings
- Puerile implies reference to adults who unbecomingly display the immature qualities of a child puerile petulance
- Juvenile applies to that which relates to, is suited to, or is intended for young persons juvenile delinquency, behavior, books, etc.
- Youthful applies to one who is, or appears to be, in the period between childhood and maturity or to that which is appropriate to such a person a youthful executive, youthful hopes
- young blood
- Young is the general word for one in an early period of life and variously connotes the vigor, strength, immaturity, etc. of this period a young child, man, etc.