Part of speech:
The definition of unconscious is lacking awareness or done without realizing, or it is knocked-out, sleeping or comatose.
Failing to give due care or attention; inattentive.
(Slang) Silly or foolish.
The definition of callow is someone or something immature.
Showing sound judgment and rationality:
Lacking wit or intelligence; foolish
Having or showing a lack or deficiency of intelligence
Having component parts in a close, crowded state or arrangement; dense:
Slow to understand; stupid
(Medicine) having a mental age of between seven and twelve years
Violating prescribed standards of speech or writing:
Not instructed in letters; not well educated; unable to read
Not educated; ignorant or illiterate.
Not instructed; ignorant.
Not educated or trained, esp. by formal schooling
Inclined to believe in superstition.
Concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious; shallow:
Lacking in refinement or good taste; vulgar; crude
Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious:
In a raw or natural condition, before being prepared for use; not refined or processed
The definition of gross is something that is foul, crude or very bad.
The definition of green is having the color between blue and yellow on the color spectrum or being good for the environment.
Easy to understand, do, or carry out:
Straightforward or frank; candid:
Mentally responsive and perceptive; quick.
Having knowledge or discernment of something:
Fully informed; conscious.
Having or showing much learning; well-informed; erudite
Having an education, especially one above the average.
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Not cultured or cultivated:
Wearing a uniform
Exhibiting a lack of skill; inexpert:
Being in an early period of life or growth; not old
The definition of literate is someone who can read and write, or someone who is educated in a specific area of knowledge.
The definition of competent is a person or thing that is qualified to do something or adequate for a specific purpose.
(Slang) Rude and disrespectful; impudent.
Slow to apprehend; having difficulties in learning.
Not guilty of a specific crime or offense; legally blameless:
Not familiar or well-known; strange
Without education or knowledge
- Unlearned suggests a lack of learning, either generally or in some specific subject unlearned in science
- Uneducated and untutored imply a lack of formal or systematic education, as of that acquired in schools his brilliant, though uneducated mind
- Unlettered , sometimes a milder term for illiterate , often implies unfamiliarity with fine literature although a graduate engineer, he is relatively unlettered
- Illiterate implies a failure to conform to some standard of knowledge, esp. an inability to read or write
- Ignorant implies a lack of knowledge, either generally an ignorant man or on some particular subject ignorant of the reason for their quarrel
Find another word for ignorant. In this page you can discover 110 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for ignorant, like: shallow-brained, obtuse, lowbrow, oblivious, gauche, inerudite, benighted, unconscious, unmindful, misinformed and unsuspecting.