- Enunciate suggests the announcement or open attestation of some idea to enunciate a theory, doctrine, etc.
- Broach suggests the utterance or mention of an idea to someone for the first time I'll broach the subject to her at dinner
- Voice suggests expression through words, either spoken or written voicing one's opinions in letters to the editor
- Express , the broadest of these terms, suggests a revealing of ideas, feelings, one's personality, etc. by means of speech, action, or creative work to express oneself in music
- Utter implies the communication of an idea or feeling by means of vocal sounds, such as words, exclamations, etc. he uttered a sigh of relief