- Abhorrence implies a feeling of extreme aversion or repugnance
- Revulsion suggests a drawing back or away from in disgust, horror, etc.
- Loathing suggests a feeling of extreme disgust or intolerance
- Repugnance emphasizes the emotional resistance or opposition one offers to that which is incompatible with one's ideas, tastes, etc.
- Aversion and antipathy both imply an ingrained feeling against that which is disagreeable or offensive, aversion stressing avoidance or rejection, and antipathy, active hostility