Part of speech:
Thorough and painstaking in action or execution; conscientious:
Lost; adrift; hence, wanting; careless; neglectful; unfaithful.
Slack; of a loose texture; not rigid or tight
Flowing or blowing with little speed:
Exhibiting a lack of attention; not attentive.
Unstudied or effortless:
Not really good; rather poor or bad
Failing to give due care or attention; inattentive.
Past the time for payment; overdue
Causing or tending to cause delay; meant to gain time, defer action, etc.
Not interested; indifferent.
(Obsolete) To make tardy.
Persevering and careful in work; industrious
The definition of painstaking is requiring a lot of care, effort or hard work.
- Slack , in this connection, implies lack of necessary diligence, efficiency, etc. as because of laziness or indifference slack service in a restaurant
- Lax implies looseness in satisfying or enforcing requirements, observing standards or rules, etc. lax discipline
- Derelict implies flagrant neglect of a duty or obligation
- Negligent and neglectful both imply failure to attend to something sufficiently or properly, but negligent often stresses inattentiveness or carelessness as a habit or trait negligent in dress, and neglectful carries an implication of intentional and culpable disregard a mayor neglectful of pledges made to the voters
- Remiss implies the culpable omission or the careless or indifferent performance of a task or duty remiss in one's obligations
Find another word for remiss. In this page you can discover 38 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for remiss, like: careful, neglectful, derelict, lax, slack, inattentive, careless, indifferent, unmindful, forgetful and uninterested.