Another word for feminineModifier
- Ladylike refers to manners, conduct, etc. such as are expected from a refined or well-bred woman
- Effeminate , used chiefly in reference to a man, implies delicacy, softness, or lack of virility
- Womanish , in contrast, suggests weaknesses and faults that are sometimes regarded as characteristic of women
- Womanly suggests the generally desirable qualities one associates with a woman, esp. one who has maturity of character
- Female is the basic term applied to members of the sex that is biologically distinguished from the male sex and is used of animals or plants as well as of human beings
- Feminine refers to qualities, other than those basically biological, thought to be characteristic of or suitable to women, as delicacy, gentleness, etc.