Part of speech:
Highly complex, refined, or developed; characterized by advanced form, technique, etc.
having a sophisticated charm
Pleasing, either to the mind or senses; pleasant; grateful.
Fair and comfortable:
The definition of urbane is someone polished, suave or sophisticated.
The definition of politic is someone who is shrewd, tactful or unethical.
Of, relating to, or devoted to the material world, especially in contrast to spiritual concerns.
Having or showing culture or good taste; polished; cultured; refined
Having a fine texture:
(Biol.) Grown in a specially prepared medium
The definition of affable is a person who is friendly or easy to talk to.
Sufficiently observing or befitting accepted social usages; polite:
Warm and sincere; friendly:
The definition of courteous is a polite and considerate person.
(Archaic) Pleasant and friendly in a cheerful way; genial
Disgusting or offensive, esp. because excessive or insincere
(Archaic) Having pleasing qualities; attractive
Having or showing a specified manner
Made free from other matter, or from impurities; purified
(Slang) Excellent, fine, enjoyable, attractive, etc.
Slender and graceful; lithe
The definition of tactful is someone or something that shows a regard for other people's feelings.
Characterized by a false show of deep or sincere feeling, as in trying to persuade; too smooth or overly polite in speech, manners, etc.
Barbarous or ignorant
The definition of clumsy is someone or something that is shaped, made or moves awkwardly.
Not smooth and shiny:
Difficult to effect; uncomfortable:
The slender part of a flower pistil, connecting the ovary and the stigma. The pollen tube grows through the style delivering the pollen nuclei to the ovary.
- Bland is the least complex of these terms, simply implying a gentle or ingratiating pleasantness and a lack of irritating factors a bland disposition
- Politic also expresses this idea, often stressing the expediency or opportunism of a particular policy pursued a politic move
- Diplomatic implies adroitness and tactfulness in dealing with people and handling delicate situations, sometimes in such a way as to gain one's own ends a diplomatic answer that avoided offending either party
- Urbane suggests the social poise of one who is highly cultivated and has had much worldly experience an urbane cosmopolite
- Suave suggests the smoothly gracious social manner of one who deals with people easily and tactfully a suave sophisticate
Find another word for suave. In this page you can discover 40 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for suave, like: sophisticated, debonnaire, agreeable, pleasant, charming, urbane, diplomatic, politic, worldly, polite and bland.