Part of speech:
The definition of a border is an edge or dividing line.
(--- Brit.) A grassy border, as along a road
The edge is defined as the outside edge of an area, the sharp end of something or to a point right before something happens.
The edge on either side of the sound-producing opening of an organ flue pipe
The definition of brink is the edge of something steep, or the point right before something unpleasant is about to happen.
A toy having one end tapered to a point, allowing it to be spun, as by suddenly pulling a string wound around it.
(Econ.) The minimum return, below which activities are not profitable enough to be continued
The combat troops or warships at the front, arrayed for defense or offense.
A line indicating the outer contours or boundaries of an object or figure:
A cord or strip across the back of a book to which the sheets or quires are attached.
An area, as along a busy street or highway, that is lined with a great number and variety of commercial establishments.
A raised margin along an edge used to confine or strengthen.
A projecting ridge of rocks
An outer edge; a border or margin:
The point, line, or edge where something ends or must end; boundary or border beyond which something ceases to be or to be possible
(Obs.) A place of confinement
(Football) A player at either end of the line
The final point; the end.
The area along a boundary; the margin.
The definition of center is the middle or the point equally distant from all sides.
Something intermediate between extremes:
The inner nature of a person or thing
A row or panel of items stored or grouped together.
The definition of a boundary is a line or something else that marks a limit or border.
The boundary line of a circle.
A wide edge on a pillow, placemat, or other fabric object, especially a piece of fabric or ribbon extending from the outer seam.
A similar line observed from the surface of the moon, etc.
A defended boundary protecting a military position.
An indefinite area intermediate between two qualities or conditions:
(Rock climbing) Technique involving the placement of the edge of the climbing shoe on a sharp hold.
To be a limit or boundary to
A single image, as in a comic strip or graphic novel, usually bounded by a rectangular line.
- Edge refers to the limiting line itself or the terminating line at the sharp convergence of two surfaces the edge of a box: all of these terms have figurative application the rim of consciousness, a mind filled to the brim, the brink of disaster, the border of good taste, a margin of error, an edge on one's appetite
- Margin implies a bordering strip more or less clearly defined by some distinguishing feature the margin of a printed page
- Border refers to the boundary of a surface and may imply the limiting line itself or the part of the surface immediately adjacent to it
- Brink refers to the edge at the top of a steep slope
- Brim refers to the inner rim at the top of a cup, glass, bowl, etc. or to the projecting rim of a hat
- Rim is applied to the edge of a circular or curved surface
Find another word for rim. In this page you can discover 50 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for rim, like: border, verge, brim, edge, lip, brink, top, margin, line, outline and band.