The definition of a boundary is a line or something else that marks a limit or border.
A line bounding the limits of an object, showing its shape; contour line
The region enclosed by such a line.
A boundary line; circumference
A narrow strip, often ornamental, along an edge; fringe; edging
(Botany) The border of a leaf.
The perimeter is the outside line forming the boundary of some shape or something such as a plot of land or the length of that outside line.
A boundary line, esp. that of a rounded figure; perimeter
The line or area farthest away from the middle:
The edge, brink, or margin (of something)
Inside means the inner area.
The middle part of the body; waist
The definition of an ambit is the area around something that acts as a marker or sign of the border or outside limit.
- Compass refers literally to an area within specific limits but is often used figuratively the compass of the city, the compass of freedom
- Circuit can also denote a line bounding an area, but now usually refers to a course or journey around a periphery the moon's circuit of the earth
- Periphery , in its literal sense identical with perimeter , is more frequently used of the edge of a physical object or in an extended metaphoric sense the periphery of understanding
- Perimeter extends the meaning to a line bounding any area or figure, as a triangle, square, or polygon
- Circumference refers to the line bounding a circle or any approximately circular or elliptical area
Find another word for circumference. In this page you can discover 30 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for circumference, like: rim, boundary, outline, circuit, compass, limit, border, margin, perimeter, periphery and edge.