Part of speech:
The definition of haphazard is something disorganized or without any particular order to it.
The definition of chance is accidental or not expected or planned.
Bringing, or happening by, good luck; fortunate
The definition of serendipitous refers to something good or fortunate that happens as a result of luck or chance.
Done deliberately; intended:
Arising from an external cause or factor; not inherent:
Occurring as or resulting from coincidence.
Not deliberate or intentional; inadvertent:
Marked by or resulting from carelessness; negligent:
Having no particular purpose, organization, or structure; random.
Not planned or thought out in advance:
Not intended; unintentional
The definition of casual is someone or something relaxed, occasional, not planned or informal.
Acting or done without or against one's will:
The definition of incidental is an unintended consequence of something, or a related but unimportant part.
Possessing some quality, or having been subject to some operation (as substitution), in the second degree; as, a secondary salt, a secondary amine, etc. Compare primary.
Not essential; of relatively no importance; unnecessary
Not expected; unforeseen
(Gram.) Having the function of a noun, adjective, or adverb within a sentence
Being lower; being beneath something.
The definition of extrinsic refers to a non-essential part, or to something that is not really relevant to the heart of the matter.
Having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective:
Definite and unmistakable; clear-cut
Of, relating to, or involving tones that are identical in pitch but are written differently according to the key in which they occur, as C sharp and D flat, for example.
Not caused or created; self-existent
- Adventitious refers to that which is added extrinsically and connotes a lack of essential connection
- Incidental emphasizes the nonessential or secondary nature of something incidental expenses
- Casual describes the unpremeditated, random, or irregular quality of something a casual remark, a casual visit or its informality casual clothes
- Fortuitous , which frequently suggests a complete absence of cause, now usually refers to chance events of a fortunate nature
- Accidental describes that which occurs by chance an accidental encounter or outside the normal course of events an accidental attribute
Find another word for accidental. In this page you can discover 48 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for accidental, like: haphazard, chance, fortuitous, serendipitous, planned, intentional, adventitious, unlucky, coincidental, unintentional and inadvertent.