Another word for assertVerb
- Warrant , in this comparison, is colloquial, and implies positiveness by the speaker I warrant they'll be late again See also syn. study at declare.
- Avouch implies firsthand knowledge or authority on the part of the speaker
- Aver connotes implicit confidence in the truth of one's statement from one's own knowledge of the matter
- Affirm implies deep conviction in one's statement or the unlikelihood of denial by another she affirmed her innocence
- To declare is to assert openly or formally, often in the face of opposition they declared their independence
- To assert is to state positively with great confidence but with no objective proof to assert that human nature will never change