Part of speech:
Having the nature of a temporary provision; arranged or established for the time being, pending permanent arrangement or establishment
The definition of transitory is something temporary or not permanent.
Lasting for only a moment; passing; transitory
Passing quickly; ephemeral:
Any paying customer of a hotel, restaurant, etc.
(Sports, informal) A member of the visiting team in a match.
Any mechanical device, as a traveling crane, that moves or slides along a support
The definition of a visitor is someone, such as a tourist, who comes to a place temporarily.
The definition of a migrant is a person or animal that moves from place to place.
Causing or producing motion.
Short in time, duration, length, or extent.
The definition of deciduous is something that sheds after a period of time, such as a tree or a shrub that sheds its leaves annually or the milk teeth of a mammal that are shed as the mammal grows.
Easily excited; skittish.
Lasting only a short time; fleeting:
Not permanent; not lasting; fleeting; temporary
Traveling from place to place, especially to perform work or a duty:
Characterized by migration; undergoing periodic migration:
Lasting only a short time; short-lived; fleeting; momentary
The definition of short lived is something that was not meant to last a long time or that did not last a long time.
(Figuratively) People considered to be of little worth.
Temporal possessions, especially of the Church or clergy.
Lasting; continuing; durable:
Continuing or remaining for a long time; enduring:
The definition of permanent is someone or something that is supposed to last for a very long time.
(Bot.) Falling soon after blooming, as some flowers
Lasting or existing only for a short time
A continuous, measurable quantity in which events occur in a sequence proceeding from the past through the present to the future.
Productive of effects outside the mind.
(Theol.) Present throughout the universe
- Fleeting suggests the swift passing movement of a thing that cannot be caught or held a fleeting thought
- Evanescent applies to that which appears momentarily and fades quickly away an evanescent image of the scene revealed by lightning
- Momentary implies duration for a moment or an extremely short time a momentary lull in the conversation
- Ephemeral literally means existing only one day and, by extension, applies to that which is markedly short-lived ephemeral glory
- Transitory refers to that which by its very nature must sooner or later pass or end life is transitory
- Transient applies to that which lasts or stays but a short time a transient guest, feeling, etc.
Find another word for transient. In this page you can discover 49 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for transient, like: provisional, transitory, evanescent, ephemeral, momentary, fleeting, migrating, emigrating, vacating, guest and tourist.