Part of speech:
Having the nature of a temporary provision; arranged or established for the time being, pending permanent arrangement or establishment
The definition of transitory is something temporary or not permanent.
Lasting for only a moment; passing; transitory
Passing quickly; ephemeral:
Any paying customer of a hotel, restaurant, etc.
(Sports, informal) A member of the visiting team in a match.
Any mechanical device, as a traveling crane, that moves or slides along a support
The definition of a visitor is someone, such as a tourist, who comes to a place temporarily.
The definition of a migrant is a person or animal that moves from place to place.
Causing or producing motion.
Short in time, duration, length, or extent.
Easily excited; skittish.
Lasting only a short time; fleeting:
Not permanent; not lasting; fleeting; temporary
Traveling from place to place, especially to perform work or a duty:
Characterized by migration; undergoing periodic migration:
Lasting only a short time; short-lived; fleeting; momentary
The definition of short lived is something that was not meant to last a long time or that did not last a long time.
(Figuratively) People considered to be of little worth.
Temporal possessions, especially of the Church or clergy.
Lasting; continuing; durable:
Continuing or remaining for a long time; enduring:
The definition of permanent is someone or something that is supposed to last for a very long time.
(Bot.) Falling soon after blooming, as some flowers
Lasting or existing only for a short time
A continuous, measurable quantity in which events occur in a sequence proceeding from the past through the present to the future.
Productive of effects outside the mind.
(Theol.) Present throughout the universe
The definition of deciduous is something that sheds after a period of time, such as a tree or a shrub that sheds its leaves annually or the milk teeth of a mammal that are shed as the mammal grows.
- Fleeting suggests the swift passing movement of a thing that cannot be caught or held a fleeting thought
- Evanescent applies to that which appears momentarily and fades quickly away an evanescent image of the scene revealed by lightning
- Momentary implies duration for a moment or an extremely short time a momentary lull in the conversation
- Ephemeral literally means existing only one day and, by extension, applies to that which is markedly short-lived ephemeral glory
- Transitory refers to that which by its very nature must sooner or later pass or end life is transitory
- Transient applies to that which lasts or stays but a short time a transient guest, feeling, etc.
Find another word for transient. In this page you can discover 58 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for transient, like: provisional, transitory, evanescent, fugacity, ephemeral, momentary, fleeting, migrating, emigrating, vacating and guest.