- Fleeting suggests the swift passing movement of a thing that cannot be caught or held a fleeting thought
- Evanescent applies to that which appears momentarily and fades quickly away an evanescent image of the scene revealed by lightning
- Momentary implies duration for a moment or an extremely short time a momentary lull in the conversation
- Ephemeral literally means existing only one day and, by extension, applies to that which is markedly short-lived ephemeral glory
- Transitory refers to that which by its very nature must sooner or later pass or end life is transitory
- Transient applies to that which lasts or stays but a short time a transient guest, feeling, etc.