Part of speech:
The definition of nomadic is a person or people who are part of a tribe or group that moves from place to place without a permanent home.
Of the philosophy or the followers of Aristotle, who walked about in the Lyceum while he was teaching
The definition of a traveler is a person who goes on trips or who is currently on a trip.
Moving in a random fashion; having no fixed direction or pattern:
Characterized by migration; undergoing periodic migration:
The definition of a vagabond is a nomad or person without a permanent home, who drifts from place to place.
A walking trip; a hike.
The definition of permanent is someone or something that is supposed to last for a very long time.
The definition of sedentary is someone or something that doesn't move much.
Leading the life of a person without a fixed domicile; moving from place to place
A part-time or temporary member of a college faculty.
- Vagrant is applied to individuals who wander about without a fixed home, and implies shiftlessness, disorderliness, etc.
- Nomadic is applied to tribes or groups of people who have no permanent home, but move about constantly in search of food for themselves, pasture for the animals they herd, etc.
- Peripatetic implies a walking or moving about in carrying on some activity and is applied humorously to persons who are always on the go
- Ambulatory specifically implies ability to walk about an ambulatory patient
- Itinerant applies to persons whose work or profession requires them to travel from place to place itinerant laborers, an itinerant preacher
Find another word for itinerant. In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for itinerant, like: nomadic, wandering, roving, peripatetic, traveler, roaming, vagrant, migratory, nomad, wanderer and vagabond.