To make available for use; provide:
To furnish the means of support
Outfit is defined as to provide with or get clothes.
Equip is defined as to provide necessary items, training, etc. for a certain purpose.
Stock is defined as to keep a supply of or to provide with something.
To furnish and arrange
To prepare (a weapon or electronic system, such as an alarm) for use or operation, as by releasing a safety device.
To plan or implement the interior decoration of a house, room, office, etc.
To be in conformity or agreement with:
To equip with furniture
To equip with furniture
To give consideration to; to allow for.
To array is defined as to display objects in an orderly or decorative way.
To write and give or sell (an article, story, poem, etc.) to a magazine, newspaper, or other publication
To endow is defined as to provide a quality, a talent, an asset or funding.
To provide for consumption, utilization, or operation:
To give or take out insurance
To give or allow the use of temporarily on the condition that the same or its equivalent will be returned.
To equip or furnish with necessary provisions, accessories, etc.; fit out
To seek to disseminate:
To fill, supply, or stock.
(Law) To make over the possession or legal title of (property, for example); convey.
To conceal from the knowledge of others; keep secret
To put out of sight; hide
To make or keep secret. [from late 16th c.]
(Mech.) To be in, or come into, proper adjustment or working order
To hand is defined as to transfer, deliver or give.
(Sports) To give up control (of the ball and thus the ability to score).
- Arm literally implies equipping with weapons and materiel for war but, in extended use, connotes provision with what is necessary to meet any circumstance armed with enough evidence to convict the defendant
- Appoint , a formal word now generally used in the past participle, implies the provision of all the requisites and accessories for proper service a well-appointed studio
- To outfit is to equip completely with the articles needed for a specific undertaking, occupation, etc. to outfit a hunting expedition
- To equip is to furnish with what is requisite for efficient action a car equipped with overdrive
- Furnish implies the provision of all the things requisite for a particular service, action, etc. to furnish a house
Find another word for furnish. In this page you can discover 45 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for furnish, like: supply, provide, outfit, fit out, equip, stock, appoint, arm, decorate, fit and make habitable.