Part of speech:
A throb or beat, as of the heart.
To touch or stroke (someone), often inappropriately, in making sexual advances
To give a massage to.
To be overindulgent with; give in easily to the wishes of; coddle
An embracing; hug
To rub or push against gently with or as if with the nose or snout:
A mild attack:
To behave toward; treat
To touch lightly in passing; brush.
To hold or draw close or in a comfortable position; cuddle; nestle
To keep close to
To touch or caress with the lips as an expression of affection, greeting, respect, or amorousness.
To move (one's hand, a cloth, etc.) over, or spread or apply (polish, etc.) on or over, a surface or object in this way
The definition of a brush is a tool with bristles on a handle, the process of using such a tool or the act of lightly sweeping something.
To cook (esp. eggs in the shell) gently by heating in water not quite at boiling temperature
To handle (something) clumsily or roughly
Spoon is defined as to cuddle with one person wrapped around the other, as two spoons nest when stacked.
To discontinue the use of a drug or other substance, especially one that is addictive.
To drive back; repel, as an attack
To move or sound rhythmically; throb, pulsate, vibrate, tick, etc.
To feel devotion to (God or a god).
Inspiring love or affection, in a childlike way.
(Informal) To handle with great care
Indulge is defined as to give into a desire.
To play or trifle (with a thing, an idea, etc.)
To put out of breath; to cause to blow from fatigue.
To perform (a shot or maneuver) successfully:
To entwine about; cling to
To kiss and caress amorously.
- Dandle implies the showing of playful affection toward a child by moving him or her up and down lightly on the knee
- Cuddle implies affectionate handling, as of a small child by its mother, by pressing or drawing close within the arms
- Pet , as applied generally, implies treatment with special affection and indulgence, including gentle patting and stroking, but informally it refers to indulgence, esp. by young couples, in hugging, kissing, and amorous caresses
- Fondle implies a more demonstrative show of love or affection, as by stroking or hugging, or may connote touching or stroking in making sexual advances
- Caress refers to a display of affection by gentle stroking or touching
Find another word for caress. In this page you can discover 49 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for caress, like: stroke, feel, fondle, dandle, nestle, massage, affectionate, amative, pamper, cuddle and pat.