- Equable implies an inherent evenness or regularity and may also suggest tranquility, serenity, or an absence of extremes an equable temper
- Regular emphasizes the orderliness or symmetry resulting from evenness or uniformity regular features, attendance, etc.
- Uniform implies a sameness or likeness of things, parts, events, etc. often as the result of conformity with a fixed standard a uniform wage rate
- Even , often interchangeable with steady , emphasizes the absence of irregularity or inequality an even heartbeat
- Steady implies a fixed regularity or constancy, esp. of movement, and an absence of deviation, fluctuation, faltering, etc. a steady breeze