Part of speech:
Stubborn is defined as being unwilling to change your opinion or stance, in spite of good reasons to.
Disposed or inclined; prepared:
Capable of being taught:
Incapable of being changed; unalterable:
The definition of calm is someone or something who is peaceful and free from stress or worries.
The definition of compliant is obeying.
Capable of being tested, adjudged, or brought to judgment.
Having or showing a tendency to submit without resistance; docile; yielding
Willing to please; ready to help; obliging
Acquiescing; agreeing or consenting without protest
Capable of adapting or of being adapted.
Willing or ready to consent
Ready to do favors for others; accommodating.
Able to adjust to changing circumstances; adaptable:
Easily bent or molded; flexible
Changed from a wild to a domesticated state: said as of animals trained for use by humans or as pets
Bending easily; flexible
Free from worry, anxiety, trouble, or pain:
Gentle in action or motion; easy.
(Archaic) Well-born; of a good family or respectable birth, though not noble.
Not assertive; reserved.
The definition of passive is not reacting to something that would generally cause a response.
Opposing any kind of control; defiant
Incapable of being governed, restrained, or controlled.
(Slang) Extraordinary; remarkable
That can be managed; controllable, tractable, contrivable, etc.
Not extreme in any way; moderate; temperate
Lacking in courage, determination, resistance, etc.
Resistant to authority or discipline; recalcitrant.
The definition of headstrong is someone who is stubborn, likes things his own way, imposes his opinion or is unyielding in his opinions and beliefs.
Having very strong opinions.
That cannot be changed; fixed; unalterable
Difficult to mold or manipulate:
The definition of obstinate is extremely stubborn and determined to have your own way.
(Geology) Of, relating to, or being rock or sediment strata that were deposited either adjacent to each other or in vertical sequence without interruption by a disruptive or altering process such as erosion or folding.
Moving and bending with agility; limber:
Willing to carry out the wishes of others
Easily bent or flexed; pliable.
The definition of easygoing is someone or something that is relaxed, tolerant and not prone to rigid rules or bouts of temper.
- Obedient suggests a giving in to the orders or instructions of one in authority or control an obedient child
- Amenable suggests such amiability or desire to be agreeable as would lead one to submit readily I found her amenable to persuasion
- Compliant suggests a weakness of character that allows one to yield meekly to another's request or demand army life had made him compliant
- Tractable implies ease of management or control but does not connote the submissiveness of docile and applies to things as well as people and animalssilver is a tractable, i.e., malleable, metal
- Docile implies a temperament that submits easily to control or that fails to resist domination a docile horse
Find another word for docile. In this page you can discover 61 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for docile, like: obedient, meek, governable, stubborn, willing, teachable, unyielding, calm, tractable, compliant and amenable.