Part of speech:
Occurring or appearing again or repeatedly.
Alternately containing and empty of water:
Going on or extending without interruption or break; unbroken; connected
Without stop or pause; constant.
Lasting or remaining without essential change:
Continuing or remaining for a long time; enduring:
Lasting an indefinitely long time; enduring:
Being or seeming to be without an end or limit; boundless:
Persisting too long; tedious:
Being or seeming to be without an end; endless:
Not stopping, relaxing, or slackening; incessant; persistent
Of or relating to immortality.
Enduring forever; eternal.
Filled with repetition, especially needless or tedious repetition.
Happening over and over again; repeated often; going on in rapid succession
Constantly repeated; continued
For a year's time, work, etc.
(Epidemiology) Occurring at any time, occurring even but once during a timespan.
An annuity payable indefinitely.
To suffer patiently without yielding.
To make immortal; esp., to give lasting fame to
To prolong the existence of; cause to be remembered:
To continue in some effort, course of action, etc. in spite of difficulty, opposition, etc.; be steadfast in purpose; persist
Alternative form of neverending.
Enduring for all time
Unyielding in severity or strictness; unrelenting:
Seeming never to grow old or to show the effects of time:
- Eternal stresses endlessness or timelessness the eternal verities
- Incessant implies unceasing or uninterrupted activity incessant chatter
- Constant stresses uniformity, steadiness, or regularity in occurrence or recurrence the constant beat of the heart
- Continuous applies to that which extends without interruption in either space or time a continuous expanse, a continuous flow of traffic
- Continual applies to that which recurs repeatedly or goes on unceasingly over a long period of time continual arguments, continual rain
- Perpetual applies to that which lasts or persists for an indefinitely long time a perpetual nuisance
Find another word for perpetual. In this page you can discover 68 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for perpetual, like: recurrent, intermittent, continuous, unceasing, constant, ceaseless, never-ceasing, incessant, permanent, lasting and perennial.