Part of speech:
To cut off or damage a limb or other important part of (a person or animal)
To mutilate or disfigure by repeatedly and roughly cutting, tearing, hacking, or crushing; lacerate and bruise badly
To make unable or unfit; esp., to make incapable of normal activity; disable
To deprive of capability or effectiveness, especially to impair the physical abilities of.
Change the appearance of something/someone to the negative.
To cause damage to; impair:
(Slang, Sports) To foul (an opponent) roughly
To truncate is to cut off a part of or to cut short.
To render unqualified or unfit.
To cause physical damage to (something); harm:
To remove the testicles of; emasculate; geld
To impair the soundness, perfection, or integrity of; spoil.
Blemish means to spoil the perfection of something.
To deface is defined as to spoil the appearance, mar or disfigure.
(Intransitive, nautical) (for a ship) To be moved by warping.
To remove the limbs of by cutting or tearing
To cut the hamstring of (an animal or a person) and thereby cripple.
To damage, as by heavy wear:
To kill indiscriminately and mercilessly and in large numbers
To injure or mutilate, as by scratching or beating:
(Intransitive) To provide assistance.
To set right; repair:
To cause to be free of, to lose interest in, or to stop doing something:
To put back in good condition after damage, decay, etc.; mend; fix
To provide assistance, support, or relief to:
A state of violent disorder or riotous confusion; havoc.
- To disable is to make incapable of normal physical activity, as by crippling disabled war veterans
- Mangle implies injury or disfigurement by or as if by repeated tearing, hacking, or crushing his arm was mangled in the press
- To mutilate is to remove or severely damage a part essential to the completeness of a person or thing, and suggests disfigurement a speech mutilated by censors
- To cripple is to cause to be legless, armless, or lame in any member crippled by rheumatism
- Maim implies a severe injury that deprives a person of some bodily member or its use maimed in an auto accident
Find another word for maim. In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for maim, like: mutilate, mangle, cripple, incapacitate, disable, disfigure, injure, hack, truncate, impair and disqualify.