This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Learn more

Another word for bulb

      1. A hollow cylinder, especially one that conveys a fluid or functions as a passage.
      2. An organic structure having the shape or function of a tube; a duct:
      3. A small flexible cylindrical container sealed at one end and having a screw cap at the other, for pigments, toothpaste, or other pastelike substances.
      1. An abnormal growth of tissue resulting from uncontrolled, progressive multiplication of cells and serving no physiological function; a neoplasm.
      2. A swollen part; a swelling:
      1. A protruding part; an outward curve or swelling.
      2. A bilge.
      3. A sudden, usually temporary increase in number or quantity:
      1. The state of being swollen.
      2. Something swollen, especially an abnormally swollen body part or area.
      1. A group of things growing close together; a cluster or clump:
      2. A group of like items or individuals gathered or placed together:
      3. A group of people usually having a common interest or association:
      1. The uppermost or forwardmost part of the body of a vertebrate, containing the brain and the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and jaws.
      2. The analogous part of an invertebrate organism.
      3. The length or height of such a part:
      1. Something, such as a bulge, knob, or swelling, that protrudes.
      2. The condition of being protuberant.
      1. A short thick solid food-storing underground stem, sometimes bearing papery scale leaves, as in the crocus or gladiolus.
      1. A small rounded projecting part or outgrowth, such as a wartlike excrescence on the roots of some leguminous plants or a knoblike process in the skin or on a bone.
      2. A nodule or swelling, especially a mass of lymphocytes and epithelioid cells forming the characteristic lesion of tuberculosis.
      1. A small bulblike structure produced in the place of a flower or in a leaf axil, and having the ability to develop into a new plant.
      2. A bulblet.
      1. A swollen, fleshy, usually underground outgrowth of the stem or rhizome of a plant, such as the potato, bearing buds from which new plant shoots arise.
      2. A similar outgrowth of a plant root.
      3. A rounded projection or swelling; a tubercle.
      1. A protuberance or knob.
      2. A small lump.
      3. The essence; the core:
      1. Any of numerous cultivated forms of a widely grown, usually tall annual cereal grass (Zea mays) bearing grains or kernels on large ears.
      2. The grains or kernels of this plant, used as food for humans and livestock or for the extraction of an edible oil or starch.
      3. An ear of this plant.
      1. A small knotlike protuberance.
      2. A small, abnormal but usually benign mass of tissue, as on the thyroid gland, in the lung, or under the skin.
      3. A small knoblike outgrowth, especially one on the roots of a leguminous plant that contains bacteria that fix nitrogen.
      1. A rounded protuberance.
      2. A rounded handle, as on a drawer or door.
      3. A rounded control switch or dial.
      1. A spherical object or entity:
      2. A spherical or almost spherical body:
      3. Any of various movable and round or oblong objects used in various athletic activities and games.
      1. A small spherical mass, especially a small drop of liquid.
      1. A body with the shape of a sphere, especially a representation of the earth in the form of a hollow ball.
      2. The earth.
      3. A planet.