Part of speech:
Bringing or tending to bring ruin; very destructive or harmful; disastrous
Causing or capable of causing harm; injurious.
The definition of noxious is something very unpleasant or something poisonous.
Harmful often in a subtle or unexpected way (as for example deleterious effects, deleterious to health).
Causing damage or harm; injurious.
Causing or tending to cause harm, especially to a legal case:
Causing pain or suffering, especially of a psychological nature.
Causing or likely to cause death
Threatening harm, evil, or misfortune; ominous; portentous
Extremely poisonous or injurious; deadly
Causing death or likely to cause death
(Computing) Causing a sudden end to the running of a program.
The definition of lethal is something very harmful or destructive, especially something that could cause death.
Malignant; spiteful; malicious
Not conducive to morality; morally harmful:
Harmful or malignant in intent or effect:
Morally bad or wrong; wicked:
Acting as a poison; poisonous
Severe, powerful, or intense; fierce:
Morally bad or wrong; acting or done with evil intent; depraved
Providing assistance; useful.
That does not injure or harm; harmless
The definition of beneficial is something that has a positive effect or achieves a good result.
(Archaic) harmful to morals or public order.
Pernicious; dangerous; harmful
Extremely destructive or harmful
Able to make fine distinctions:
- Detrimental implies a causing of damage, loss, or disadvantage to something specified the speech was detrimental to our cause
- Deleterious implies slower, less irreparable injury to the health the deleterious effects of an unbalanced diet
- Noxious refers to something that is injurious to physical or mental health noxious fumes
- Baneful implies a harming by or as if by poisoning a baneful superstition
- Pernicious applies to that which does great harm by insidiously undermining or weakening pernicious anemia, a pernicious dogma
Find another word for pernicious. In this page you can discover 44 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for pernicious, like: ruinous, harmful, noxious, baneful, kind, deleterious, detrimental, damaging, prejudicial, destructive and insidious.