Part of speech:
Removed or separated from something else:
Previously or already occupied
Suffering conflicting emotions; distraught.
Filled with dreams
Not attentive; heedless; negligent
No longer in the possession, care, or control of someone or something:
Not mindful or attentive; forgetful; heedless; careless
Not existing; lacking
Not taking heed; careless; unmindful
(Archaic) Lacking all memory; forgetful.
Not noticing; paying no heed; thoughtless; inattentive.
Marked by or resulting from carelessness; negligent:
Of a different generation, older or younger
Distant in time, place, degree, etc.
That muses; meditative
Distantly related by blood or marriage:
Empty of thought
Having empty spaces to be filled in
Of or characteristic of the moon
Very eccentric or unconventional
Distracted, inattentive, dazed, etc.
Unstudied or effortless:
Extremely troubled; mentally confused; distracted; harassed
Not paying attention
- Inattentive implies a failure to pay attention, emphasizing such behavior as a lack of discipline
- Distraught connotes agitation along with an inability to concentrate, specifically because of worry, grief, etc.
- Distrait suggests inability to concentrate, often emphasizing such a condition as a mood
- Preoccupied implies that the attention cannot be readily turned to something new because of its concern with a present matter
- Abstracted suggests a withdrawal of the mind from the immediate present and a serious concern with some other subject
- -MINDED51 absent-minded suggests an aimless wandering of the mind away from the immediate situation, often implying a habitual tendency of this kind the absent-minded professor
Find another word for absent-minded. In this page you can discover 59 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for absent-minded, like: unconscious, abstracted, preoccupied, lost-in-thought, forgetful, distracted, dreamy, inattentive, lost, unmindful and absent.