Part of speech:
The definition of definite is something that has limits, is clear in meaning, absolutely true and positive.
Definitely and explicitly stated:
Intended for, applying to, or acting on a particular thing:
The definition of categorical is something that is absolute or without conditions, or that is related to classes or divisions.
Having or exhibiting no ambiguity or uncertainty; clear.
The definition of precise is exact.
(Obs.) Being in the way
Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.
The definition of denotative is showing or indicating.
The definition of frank is a person who is honest and direct.
Clear; unencumbered; equal; fair.
The definition of implicit refers to something that is suggested or implied but not ever clearly said.
Of, relating to, or represented by a graph:
Capable of being understood:
The definition of accurate is free from any errors.
Serving to define or identify as distinct from others:
Straightforward and candid; not devious or ambiguous:
Carried on in full view of others; not hidden or private:
Admitting of no doubt; irrefutable:
The definition of unequivocal is something that is clear and understandable.
Lacking precise limits:
Not clear in meaning or expression; inexplicit.
Indistinctly heard; faint.
Characterized by a mixture of opposing elements and therefore questionable or uncertain:
Without doubt or question; definite:
precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication
Tapering to a point, as a Gothic arch
- Specific implies the pointing up of details or the particularizing of references
- Definite implies precise limitations as to the nature, character, meaning, etc. of something
- Exact and precise , in this connection, both suggest that which is strictly defined, accurately stated, or made unmistakably clear
- Express adds to explicit the ideas of directness and positiveness
- Explicit is applied to that which is so clearly stated or distinctly set forth that there should be no doubt as to the meaning
Find another word for explicit. In this page you can discover 40 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for explicit, like: exact, definite, express, specific, categorical, unambiguous, clear, precise, obvious, confused and denotative.