Part of speech:
Definitely and explicitly stated:
The definition of definite is something that has limits, is clear in meaning, absolutely true and positive.
The definition of precise is exact.
Intended for, applying to, or acting on a particular thing:
Discerning or perceiving easily; keen:
Having or exhibiting no ambiguity or uncertainty; clear.
Not complicated; simple
Of, relating to, or represented by a graph:
Capable of being understood:
The definition of accurate is free from any errors.
The definition of categorical is something that is absolute or without conditions, or that is related to classes or divisions.
Serving to define or identify as distinct from others:
Straightforward and candid; not devious or ambiguous:
(Obs.) Being in the way
Carried on in full view of others; not hidden or private:
Tapering to a point, as a Gothic arch
Admitting of no doubt; irrefutable:
The definition of unequivocal is something that is clear and understandable.
Necessarily or naturally involved though not plainly apparent or expressed; essentially a part or condition; inherent
Lacking precise limits:
Being unable to think with clarity or act with understanding and intelligence.
Not clear in meaning or expression; inexplicit.
Indistinctly heard; faint.
Characterized by a mixture of opposing elements and therefore questionable or uncertain:
Without doubt or question; definite:
precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication
The definition of denotative is showing or indicating.
- Specific implies the pointing up of details or the particularizing of references
- Definite implies precise limitations as to the nature, character, meaning, etc. of something
- Exact and precise , in this connection, both suggest that which is strictly defined, accurately stated, or made unmistakably clear
- Express adds to explicit the ideas of directness and positiveness
- Explicit is applied to that which is so clearly stated or distinctly set forth that there should be no doubt as to the meaning
Find another word for explicit. In this page you can discover 35 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for explicit, like: express, exact, definite, precise, specific, clear, unambiguous, plain, graphic, frank and understandable.