A statement that is obviously true or that is often presented as true:
One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
The definition of a proverb is a short saying that is widely used to express an obvious truth.
The definition of a saying is something that has been said, like a motto or catch phrase.
The definition of a slogan is a distinctive or identifying phrase often used in advertising or to represent a product.
A cutting tool, of various shapes and sizes and worked by hand or machinery, consisting essentially of a thin blade or disk of metal, usually steel, the edge of which is a series of sharp teeth
A prosaic expression
The condition or quality of being banal; triviality.
The state or quality of being vapid; flatness; dullness; insipidity
The wood of any of these trees.
- Bromide is an informal term for a platitude that is especially dull, tiresome, or banal
- A truism is a statement whose truth is widely known and whose utterance, therefore, seems superfluous
- A commonplace is any obvious or conventional remark or idea
- A platitude is a trite remark or idea, esp. one uttered as if it were novel or profound
- a ?clichÃ© is an expression or idea which, though once fresh and forceful, has become hackneyed and weak through much repetition
Find another word for clich-e. In this page you can discover 26 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for clich-e, like: commonplace, platitude, truism, bromide, stereotype, proverb, saying, slogan, trite phrase, trite remark and saw.