Part of speech:
A perfumed toilet water made of alcohol and aromatic oils; eau de Cologne
The smoke or odor produced by the burning of such a substance.
A substance, such as a perfume or cologne, designed to emit a pleasant odor.
A pleasant, often spicy odor; fragrance, as of a plant, a wine, cooking, etc.
A quality of something that is perceived by the sense of smell:
Persian poet and mystic whose masterpiece, Conference of the Birds, is an allegorical survey of Sufism.
The definition of a bouquet is an attractively arranged bunch of flowers often given as a gift or carried by a bride or bridesmaids.
A small bag, pad, etc. filled with perfumed powder or dried herbs and placed in dresser drawers, closets, etc. to scent clothing
Any fragrant ointment or aromatic oil for healing or anointing
The musky perfume produced by the animal.
Something that issues from a source; an emission.
Distinctive taste; savor:
A gum resin obtained from various Arabian and African trees (genus Boswellia) of the bursera family and used in perfumes and as incense; olibanum
A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
An aromatic gum resin obtained from several trees and shrubs of the genus Commiphora of northeastern Africa and Arabia, used in perfume, incense, and medicinal preparations.
Potpourri is dried flower petals and spices mixed together and used to make a room smell nice.
That which suggests the presence or existence of something; trace; suggestion
Spice is a strong scented plant substance, a strong scent or something that adds flavor.
A sweet or pleasant odor
The definition of a stench is a nasty smell.
(Chem.) To change into an aromatic compound
A small southeast Asian shrub (Pogostemon cablin) in the mint family, having leaves that yield a fragrant oil used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- Redolence implies a rich, pleasant combination of smells the redolence of a grocery
- Bouquet is specifically applied to the fragrance of a wine or brandy
- Fragrance implies an agreeable, sweet smell, esp. of growing things the fragrance of a freshly mowed field
- Scent , in this comparison, implies a relatively faint but pervasive smell, esp. one characteristic of a particular thing the scent of apple blossoms
- Perfume suggests a relatively strong, but usually pleasant, smell, either natural or manufactured the rich perfume of gardenias
Find another word for perfume. In this page you can discover 33 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for perfume, like: cologne, smells, scent, incense, fragrance, aroma, odor, redolence, attar, sweetness and bouquet.