Multiple stings can have much more severe consequences, such as anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction that occurs in children who are hypersensitive to the venom.
Some hypersensitive people have unique chemical reactions in the brain that cause them to respond much more strongly to stress.
In hypersensitive individuals even a tiny amount of allergen can cause a severe allergic reaction.
Remember that autistic children may be hypersensitive to certain sensory stimuli.
Hypersensitive infants cry in response to new experiences that do not normally upset other babies; ordinary comforting measures, such as holding, rocking, feeding, or swaddling do not work and may even make the crying worse.