The ancient church of St Edward the Confessor was replaced in 1850 by a structure in Decorated style.
In Church Street is the ancient parish church of St Mary, largely restored, but still bearing the stamp of antiquity; opposite to it stands a new church in Decorated style by Sir Gilbert Scott.
The church is in transitional Decorated style.
1255), and about the close of the century the eastern portion of the choir was rebuilt in the Decorated style.
Coity church, dating from the 14th century, is a fine cruciform building with central embattled tower in Early Decorated style.